- Preferred Fabric EXTERNAL Mesh Visiontex Colours
- Preferred Fabric EXTERNAL Acrylic Elements Colours
- EXTERNAL Mesh Atmosphere Colours
- EXTERNAL Acrylic Tempotest Colours
- EXTERNAL Acrylic Docril Colours
- EXTERNAL Acrylic Planosol Colours
- EXTERNAL Dickson Acrylic Colours
- INTERNAL Blockout Elegance Colours
- INTERNAL S View Mesh 3% Open Colours
- INTERNAL N Vision Mesh 5% Open
CLEANING & CARE FOR GENERAL CANVAS PRODUCTS
To obtain the maximum life for your outdoor fabrics, the following points should be noted:
- Keep the fabric clean by brushing regularly, both inside and outside, with a soft brush and by hosing occasionally with clear, cold water – starting at the lower edge of the fabric and working upwards
- Only use mild soaps or detergents.
- Keep petrol, solvents, kerosene and other similar fluids away from the fabric
- Do not allow bird droppings, earth, sand or vegetable matter to remain in contact with the fabric
- Ensure that the canvas is thoroughly dry before putting away
- Should mildew spots appear, brush them off before they become attached
- Persistent mould or mildew growth should be treated with White King solution, strictly in accordance with the instructions outlined on the following page
Fabric that has been cleaned will require reproofing
303 HIGH TECH FABRIC GUARD
- Protects fabrics in the harshest environment outdoors.
- On outdoor fabrics, 303 High Tech Fabric Guard restores lost water repellence and stain repellence to factory new levels.
- 303 High Tech Fabric Guard resists soiling, impedes mildew formation and helps protect against the sun’s harmful UV rays.
ACRYLIC AWNING FABRICS
- When used in permanent outdoor situations fabric should be hosed regularly to remove dust, bird droppings and other solid particles.
- Water based stains should be treated first by rinsing in cold water. If this is not sufficient, fabric may be washed with a mild solution of soap in lukewarm water and rinsed thoroughly.
- Stubborn soiling may require treatment with a hypochlorite bleach which can be found in your local supermarket. The fabric should be washed with a solution of one part bleach in four parts of warm water. Apply the diluted solution to the fabric with a soft brush and rinse off thoroughly after 15 minutes. Follow the safety directions outlined on the bleach container.
- It is important to ensure that your fabric awning or blind is not rolled up when wet. Outdoor furniture and cushions should also be dried out.
USE OF WHITE KING AS A MILDEW REMOVER
White King is a bleaching and cleansing agent, which is effective in removing mildew growth on canvas and killing mildew spores.
Read the safety directions on the White King label and follow these directions carefully. Wear rubber gloves and avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Read all directions thoroughly before commencing.
- White King should be diluted with water, 1 part of White King to 3 parts of water. It should not be mixed with other chemicals or cleaners
- Apply this solution evenly to the outside at a rate that will penetrate the fabric, working the solution into the canvas with a stiff brush or broom
- Hose the solution off thoroughly after 15 minutes, continuing to hose down until run-off is clear
- Do not allow the solution to remain on the canvas for more than 15 minutes without thoroughly rinsing or damage may occur
- White King solution is not a re-proofing agent but acts as a pre-treatment to remove mildew and spores
- After completely drying, the fabric will need to be retreated with a “Fabric Guard” (recommended 303 Fabric Guard)
- Properly applied, White King solution will remove mildew and kill spores
- Care must be taken that the solution does not come in contact with anything other than the canvas being treated. Any splashes or spills should be thoroughly washed off immediately with water
- The solution will yellow lawns, however, this will grow out
- White King solution will remove mildew, but not obstinate stains. It is designed as a pre-treatment to Duradux Proofing Compound, which should not be applied until the fabric is completely dry
- As Sunwise Blinds and Awnings Pty Ltd has no control over the condition of fabric to be treated or the method by which the solution is applied and removed, no responsibility for fabric failure or other consequence of the treatment can be accepted.
Wash applicators with clean water.
5 litres of White King solution will treat approximately 10 square metres of the canvas, once.
Clean thoroughly with a non-abrasive household cleaner, rubbing alcohol or bleach. Rinse immediately with clean water and dry thoroughly.
- Mix a weak concentration of a non-abrasive detergent in lukewarm water
- The detergent must not contain any solvents
- Wet the top of the fabric with the detergent and water mix
- You can apply this mixture with a soft cloth, soft-bristle brush or soft mop
- After this has been completed rinse off the detergent and water mix with plenty of fresh water.
You must avoid hard rubbing or scrubbing and any implement you use must not be too hard or coarse otherwise the fabric will be damaged
There are also pre-mixed PVC washing solutions available. If you do use this type please carefully following all cleaning instructions.
OUTLOOK PVC COATED POLYESTER MESH
To obtain the maximum life from Mesh fabric products, the following points should be noted:-
- Keep the fabric clean by brushing regularly both on the top and underside with a soft brush and by hosing occasionally with clear, cold water
- Do not apply soaps, detergents, cleaning fluids or insecticides
- Keep petrol, oil, solvents, kerosene and other similar fluids away from the fabric
- Do not allow bird droppings, earth, sand, or vegetable matter to remain in contact with the fabric
- Ensure that the products are thoroughly dry before stowing away.